Monday, April 04, 2005

My dream camera

Although the camera I have now, is really really great, there is always room to improve, room to dream.

During the last 25 years, I had a number of camera's starting with a Canon A1 in 1978 to my first digital shooter a Nikon Coolpix 5000, till I fell in love with my current Nikon D100 in New York.

Dreaming of things which are too expensive to buy, or for which you don't have a real need professionally, is still fun. So here is my wish list. I think the latest Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II's or Nikon's D2X come very close, but there is still some room for improvement. I’ve also added "compatible with my current lenses", which, in my case, means another Nikon, but this very specific to my personal situation.

    The wish list
  • Digital SLR camera
  • ≥ 10M pixel, allowing some digital zoom/cropping in photoshop
  • ≥ 5fps for minimum 4 seconds, let's say minimum 20 images
  • Decent LCD, ≥250.000 pixels, ≥2.5 inch
  • compact flash card, allowing ≥1Gb microdrives
  • Firewire connectivity
  • GPS + timestamp built-in
  • Lithium Ion battery
  • Built-in flash, hot shoe, sync connector
  • Playback zoom up to pixel level (10x to 20x)
  • 100 to 1600 or more ISO rating
  • Shutter 30 secs to 1/8000 sec
  • Wireless 802.11 connectivity Remote control
  • Connectable to an iPod
  • No measurable shutter lag
  • Auto/lock/manual focus
  • Auto/lock/manual exposure
  • User profiles including white balans, AF mode and image quality setting
  • Sound memo per image
  • Orientation sensor
  • RAW, TIFF and JPEG formats.
  • Compatible with my current lenses

No comments: